ARG why is such a decision placed upon me?
It shouldn't be too difficult, seeing as how Scotland would be a once in a life time kinda thing for me, so it should be simple. There will always be other conventions, but... I don't think people understand what Otakon would mean to me.
Soo... some pro's and cons about going to Scotland:
* ... er... I get to go to Scotland? That in itself is awesome, cause I've ALWAYS wanted to go.
* It would be pretty epic and fun, I get to do theatre work which always makes me happy.
* I'd be there for two weeks.
* It's way cheaper then if I went with my family for two weeks...
* It's still about $3000.... I just have no idea how I'd get the money
* I'd have to work my bootay off. >.<
* I don't know what I'd do for food... (for those that don't know, I'm an EXTREMELY picky eater... like you don't even understand until you've been out with me)
* I'd miss Otakon and my friends. :C
Now for the pro's and Con's of Otakon
* ROAD TRIP!
I'd get to be with awesome friends having and awesome time.
* It's a convention people, and an out of state convention at that! <3
* Cosplay... haha...
* It's less expensive then Scotland... by like.... a lot.
* I'd miss Scotland...
* ... honestly, this is about the only Con I can think of... maybe other then little fights we might get into... but heck... we can just get over it. XP
So yeah... the dates to Scotland are July 29th-August 14th
Otakon, is the weekend in between these dates. XD;
See my dilemma? It's not that I couldn't just like... save up money for both... no... They just happen at the same time. -sigh-
At this moment in time, this is my solution, I've got until March 1 to decide... If I have a job by then, and have at least $300 for the deposit (due that day), I'll probably end up going to Scotland. If not, then it looks like I might possibly go to Otakon. There's also a possibility I wouldn't be able to go to either, but my mom has already kinda agreed to me going to either or. I just have to fix my financial problems myself...